Monday, February 16, 2009

3 days in Seattle WA

As many of you know, I am a "buckhead". I live with my 'venti 2 equal latte' a day from Starbucks. So here was my chance to actually get to Seattle and see the ORIGINAL Starbucks store. While we were walking about the public market on Pike Street, we purchased a nice piece of "art" for our travel wall. The gentleman was very kind and told me about the Starbucks, down the street, was the original one. Well, sort of the original one. Seems the first Starbucks store had an issue with fire, and burnt away, the second had a fate similar, but not with fire but with being removed by public domain. So what is left on the Market Front is the ORIGINAL store that was sold and became the major corporation known as Starbucks today. So here for your view is the "Original Starbucks"!
Photobucket

and with entertainment as well!

Photobucket

And yes we saw more that JUST the original starbucks, we had to see the famous Space Needle. It has been there almost 50 years now! (48 actually)
Photobucket

As well as the famous Public Market with the Pikes Fish Market, known world wide for its throwing of fish about the counter:
Photobucket

there is really much more there besides fish.....
Photobucket
Photobucket
And what would a blog be without a picture of Cathy and I by some strange piece of art on the waterfront.
Photobucket

AND YES..I went to every session of the NEA Conference I was in Seattle for as well seeing all this and more!

No comments: