Friday, April 27, 2007

another find on the Internet

Towards the beginning of the Month of April, I was going through pictures on the Vatican web site of the funeral of Pope John Paul II. I was clipping through the pictures pretty quick as I have seen them before. I hit on this picture:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The gentleman on the right, rather "plump" and distinguished. I met him last year when I went to the Papal Audience of Benedict XVI. He was standing across from us, smoking and I was intrigued by his insignia that he was wearing. I called him over and asked him some questions. Here is the proof!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

He is the Outside Door Chamberlain of the Pope. He is the gentleman leading the procession of the remains of Pope John Paul II in the first photo. To say that I was amazed at his position is to be calm about the event. It was a fun discussion that we had, and I am glad that I called him over and met him. I only wish I had asked his name as well. Next time I will!

No comments: