Monday, April 09, 2007

The people you find on the internet!

So, my father was here last week and was saying that no one had a picture of the ships he was on while serving in the US Navy. I drug him to my library and introduced him to GOOGLE. Sure enough the ships came up, as I typed in the names. As we looked at the pages, I noticed that there were pictures that members of the crew had posted. Sure enough, after about 15 minutes of looking at unknown sailors we found two of my father from his time on the USS Surfbird. I downloaded them and then burnt them to disc for him to take home. It is amazing what you can find on the internet if you look long and diligently enough. So, to let all of you see, this is my father when he was younger than I am now. Typing that made me feel old! My father is the sailor on the far right in each of the below two pictures.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I have no idea of who the others were/are, and neither did my father. I only hope that their families will find the pictures and enjoy them as much as my dad and the rest of us have!

I am still waiting on Costco for the vacation pictures. And this summer will see me in Italy again, so more pictures from Bella Roma and other locales as soon as I return!

No comments: