Thursday, July 10, 2008

Croatia

Dubrovnik. Ok, I copy and pasted the name, and I will now refer to this city by the nation's name of Croatia. For a poor speller like myself, Croatia I can deal with!
Dubrovnik is a BEAUTIFUL city. We enjoyed the first part of the tour, and then slipped away from the crowd to see some things on our own. We had a great lunch (those pictures of lunch are Cathy's) and a great walk through the town. So, onto the pictures, that is really the only reason you are all here. This is taken from above the town, looking towards the north.
Photobucket

The main street is wide and clean. It is wonderful to see and when the sun is out, people cluster to the shaded side of the street. Great shops and lots of people.
Photobucket

The side streets are narrow and have a LOT of steps. It is a real workout getting around this town, but well worth the walking!
Photobucket

This is Cathy at the old entrance gate to town. It is actually a draw bridge, and the wall surrounding the city is really pretty. St Blaze is on the city wall. He is the patron of the town.
Photobucket

This is from the Dominican Monastery. It was the first stop on the tour. The picture I have is from the Courtyard.
Photobucket

This Dominic and I looking over our choices in the restaurant.
Photobucket (Cathy's Photo)

This Cathy and I after a GREAT meal. You must ask me about this meal...it was..well GREAT! Notice we got the name of the place in the picture!
Photobucket (photo done with Cathy's Camera)

Soon was time to head back to the ship, moored in the bay.
Photobucket


And sometimes I just can't help myself. I try not to do this, I really do try not to notice, but I have been collecting and owning this stuff for years, I think it is part of my blood now....
Photobucket

OK...there it is...next stop..and the last one, Venice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im surprised that you don't have more pictures of Europe and there obsession with coke a cola.