Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Guido's

Last year, when we were in Rome, we went to this small snack bar for coffee every morning. We became, in the few days, "regulars". I thought I had posted pictures of that event, but I guess I didn't. At Christmas 2006, we sent a card to the "barista" of the snack bar with pictures we had take with him on our last day in the city.
This year, I went back, but it was later in the day and he was not there, so I took this picture of the front of the place to remember it by.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The next day I went to visit Fr. Brian at the Oblate General House. He and I went for a walk and went back to what we from last year called "Guido's". We in fact did not know his name, and he was there!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

He remembered me and thanked us all for the pictures we had sent him at Christmas. He also made Fr. Brian and myself a cappuccino (on the house!) which he is holding in the above picture. He did tell me his name, but I am not a great one for remembering names.

Below is a picture of Fr. Brian that I took later in that day in front of St. Peter's. I am truly amazed with that church. The line to get in through security was too long, so I didn't go in on that day, but I never fail to see something new every time I go in!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

OK, here is a picture from last year, June of 2006 when we stayed in Rome.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll take TWO of the pastries...and a cup of java, please.

Such fun....hope we can join you one day!

Anonymous said...

Is there a reason why your middle finger is protruding more than the other fingers on your hand? Did you not like their pastries or was the boss a complete jerk? Maybe you were subconsciously drawn to do it because the service was bad. Anyway, just analyzing.

Seybold's Place said...

actually I have arthritis in that finger...lucky me!