Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Spring has SPRUNG!

We, Cathy and I and friends of ours, went to Daffodil Hill this year. Years ago, and I do mean YEARS ago, my Grandmother and I took off to find Daffodil Hill. We never found it, but had a lot of fun driving about the area. I believe she and I ended up at Fiddle Town. This must have been when I was in 7th grade,(about 1967) because she died in July of 1968. In any event, we found it this time and here are some pictures from Daffodil Hill!

I know this sign wasn't there in 1967! We would have seen this!
Photobucket

Here is the entrance. What I found UNBELIEVABLE, there was NO admission fee. IT IS FREE!
Photobucket

And free it is! This is a shot of one side of the hill. they open up when 25% of the flowers are in bloom (which in this picture is that weekend!) and close when only 25% remain in bloom.
Photobucket

My beautiful wife against a pretty backdrop!
Photobucket

And one I really like that is alongside the entry barn!
Photobucket

There are more, but I also have a LOAD of pictures from the back yard, so if you wait a few hours, those too will be uploaded! Enjoy!

No comments: