Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Film!! YES FILM!!!!

OK. So I am old school (skool for those in that generation) and I LOVE using film over digital. Somehow to me the colors are a bit deeper and the whole concept of photography (the writing of light, photography photo-light, graph-to write)of light marring and engraving itself of various solutions of chemicals and then manipulated to reproduce an image is so much more magical to me than digital. I know, the idea that an image can be created from a series of Zeros and Ones is just as magical,the idea of the physical is lost to me. But I do like digital music over vinyl! lol

ONTO THE PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!
I actually stole the idea of this picture. I have no idea of where I saw this, but I loved it, and the the opportunity arose with the wind blowing and the flags flying...SNAP!
Photobucket

Do you realize that the White House was the LARGEST HOUSE in the USA until the Golden Age in the 1880's! It is impressive!
Photobucket

The view is from the World War II Memorial, looking west across the reflecting pool...and yes it does reflect!
Photobucket

Closer.....
Photobucket

CLOSEST!
Photobucket

And these words speak for themselves! I an honored to have known some of these brave men and women. My father is one of them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: