Sunday, June 27, 2010

Washington DC

I was in Washington this past week to lobby for the Education Jobs Bill. This year over 200,000 teachers were laid off nation wide. Over 17,000 in California alone. While there, I brought both the film camera and the digital. Here are some pics from the Digital. The film I should have by the end of this week.

The Supreme Court Building. Being a Con Law Major, this was an awesome event for me!
Photobucket

Me pressing the case at the Court! OK, so I was just standing there...
Photobucket

Looking from the WWII War Memorial towards the Lincoln Memorial:
Photobucket

Mr. Lincoln himself, with Morning light shining into the memorial.
Photobucket

Inside the Library of Congress:
Photobucket

The Washington Monument with the early sun rising behind it. I like this one! :)

Photobucket

And looking back at the Washington Monument from the Lincoln Memorial:
Photobucket

And a view from the street of the US Capitol Building. (detail shot)
Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I'm a former student of yours.

You had a huge impact on my life most notably the way that you taught me to think about subjects like history and current events and the relationship between the two.

You also had a big impact on my desire to become a writer and now more than 20 years later I have a little bit of freelance work to my credit.

I'm glad to see that things are going well for you.